The Güd Box FAQ
About The Box and Ordering
Does The Güd Box sell local and organic produce?
Sometimes, The Güd Box is focused on affordable produce which tends to be conventional and can be from anywhere in North America depending on seasonality. But we believe in supporting local and doing business sustainably and offer local and organic items whenever possible.
Where do you deliver?
We deliver in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St. Albert. Check our current delivery radius here: Where We Deliver
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit cards as well as Interac debit. We do not accept cash or cheques. One coupon, discount, or promo code per purchase.
When is my deadline for next-day delivery?
Deadline is daily at 4 pm MST for next-day delivery. If the order is placed after that time it will be delivered the following day.
Is there a minimum order value to place my order?
No, there is no minimum order. You can choose what you would like delivered for the $5.99 delivery fee. If you have a free delivery coupon then the minimum order is $30.00
After Receiving the Box
I ordered something and it wasn’t in my box. What should I do?
Your invoice is updated when your order is packed to reflect any last-minute changes. A receipt is printed and included in your box to confirm these changes. If you were charged for an item but did not receive it, please contact our customer service at info@theGüdbox.ca or 780-469-1900, and our customer service team will refund that item.
What if I’m not happy with something in my Güd Box?
We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you aren't happy with the quality of an item in your box please contact our customer service within 24 hours of receiving your box and supply us with a photo of the item you are requesting a refund for. We ask that you give us notice within 24 hours since produce is a perishable product and needs proper storage.
What do I do if I didn’t receive the correct food in my Box?
We occasionally have to make minor substitutions at the last minute because the availability of a product has changed. For example, white mushrooms vs brown, orange bell pepper vs red bell pepper.
When can I expect my delivery?
- When ordering look at the delivery date in the top left corner, it will be the next day if you place your order before 4 pm and the following day if you place it after 4 pm.
- Your order confirmation will include the date of your delivery.
- You could receive your order anywhere from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Watch for a notification from FreshPath which will give you a smaller time window.
- A second notification from FreshPath will tell you your box will be delivered in approximately a half-hour.
Delivery to apartments and condos
- Please place your order for the box to be delivered on a date you will be able to receive the box, if you are not home it will be left at your door.
- Watch for a notification from Fresh Path of when the truck is in the area and then another within a half-hour of delivery, the driver will follow any delivery instructions left with the order including buzzing into the building for delivery.
Security of bags being left on doorsteps, weather, animals, theft.
- If your location isn't a safe place to leave the produce or you think it may be affected by weather, please place your order for the box to be delivered on a date you will be able to receive the box. If you are not home it will be left at your door.
- We will send a minimum of two notifications of when delivery will be happening, if you aren't there to receive it, the driver will leave it in the safest looking place. We are not responsible for the order after it has been delivered. We don't run into these issues often.
- Your produce will be delivered in plastic bags to protect the produce from rain or dirt. We are in the process of looking into biodegradable plastic bags to be more sustainable
The Curated Fundraising Güd Box
How is it different?
- There will no longer be pick-ups at a central location, for your convenience all boxes will be delivered to your home or place of your choosing.
- Delivery is next-day, 7 days a week. Your order cut-off time is 4 pm each day.
- There is an option to purchase with a subscription at the frequency you desire, no more forgetting cut-offs and missing the box! You will be charged for each individual box the day before you receive it and can cancel the subscription at any time.
- There is an option to add items to your set box from a catalogue of affordable produce.
- The site will look different with a different logo, but we are the same people working at the same place to get more fruits and vegetables out to Edmonton and area at a great price!
How is it the same?
- Same amount of the fresh, affordable, mixture of seasonal items and staples for the same price. ($30) Which is approximately 35% savings over the leading grocery store.
- Same proceeds go back to the organization of your choice.
- The box is still curated by The Güd Box to be the best deal of staples and seasonal items. For affordability's sake, the contents of the box can’t be changed, but you can now add items in addition to the set box if you like.
How do I order?
- Before 4 pm the day before you would like to receive your order, follow the link for your organization or go to www.theGüdbox.ca and choose fundraising from the top menu. The delivery date will show in the top left corner.
- If you don't place your order before 4 pm then your order will be delivered in two days' time.
- Choose the amount of boxes you would like and then choose the organization you would like to support.
- Proceed with the checkout process.
How will delivery work?
- You will receive messages on your choice of email or text confirming your order and delivery date.
- Watch for a notification from our own delivery company, FreshPath. We will let you know your order is on the way within a certain time frame, and then you will receive another message when your order is approximately a half-hour away.
Where do we deliver?
- We deliver in Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St. Albert. Check our current delivery radius here: Where We Deliver
- You can support the organization of your choice from anywhere in the city!
How does the subscription service work?
- The subscription is a convenience to save you time in getting affordable produce on a regular basis.
- You can choose to receive the box weekly or every second week.
- If you purchase the first box of the subscription on a Tuesday before 4 pm for example you will receive your box on Wednesday and continue on Wednesdays at the frequency you choose. (If you order after 4 pm your first delivery will come in two days e.g. Thursday and subsequent would be the next day e.g. Wednesday).
- You can cancel or modify your subscription at any time.
- You will not be charged until the day before your delivery for each box
What is in my Fundraising Güd Box this week? What about next week?
- Selection is always changing but boxes will feature some staples such as carrots, apples, potatoes, onions, and a variety of other fresh produce based on seasonal availability.
- The fundraising box is a set, curated box to offer the most affordable produce we can. To do that we buy what is in season and what is the best price at the time. Produce prices fluctuate week to week and we only accept good quality produce when it arrives at our warehouse so we can't commit to what would be in the box.
What if I’m not familiar with some of the produce in my box?
In addition to familiar foods such as some staples like potatoes, broccoli, apples and carrots, we include seasonal fruits and vegetables which may seem uncommon to some but are welcomed by most since they aid in discovering new ways to increase your fruits and vegetable intake.